Rain and Thunder is a grassroots publication created and distributed by a collective of radical feminist women. Published three times a year, Rain and Thunder brings you the very best in radical feminist news, analysis, theory, community building, and activism.
Rain and Thunder has been published for over 13 years and continues to fill a much needed gap in the realm of independent feminist media. We offer a sliding scale subscription policy to ensure affordability and accessibility for all readers.
Please read through our website and learn more about us. Support grassroots feminist media!
Issue 57 (Fall 2013): Open IssueFeatured articles:
- DHS, Give Us Back Our Children: Feminists Organizing to Protect Children From Child Protective Services by Pat Gowens
- Dedevilled Words: Reading the Radical Feminist Poetry of Meena Kandasamy by Sutapa Chaudhuri
- The Trafficking of Native Women in Minnesota by Christine Stark
- Trayvon and George: Why This Case Is Really About Women by Kelly Macías
- Unleashing the Lesbian Imagination: A Rain and Thunder Interview with Playwright Carolyn Gage
- Women in Resistance: Seeking Justice for Genocide and Defending Our Lands by Dianne Post
Issue 56 (Spring 2013): Global Feminist Activism IssueFeatured articles:
- Zimbabwe: Speaking From Where I Feel Safe by Betty Makoni
- Fighting for Women’s Rights in Afghanistan: A Rain and Thunder Interview with RAWA
- The Connection Between Global Economy Policy and Violence Against Women by Dr. Vandana Shiva
- Spinifex Press: Sustaining a Global Feminist Network by Susan Hawthorne and Renate Klein
- Feminist Activism in Argentina by Estelle Disch
- Hear Their Voices: Working with Prostituted and Vulnerable Women in India by Bobbi Ausubel
- Challenging Racism Down Under by Jean Taylor
We are seeking contributions for our upcoming Feminist Humor Issue (Deadline: November 15, 2013)
Support Feminist Media!
Get involved in ensuring Rain and Thunder's survival and growth!Donate
Rain and Thunder depends on grassroots support. Please consider making a donation to support radical feminist publishing!