Rain and Thunder is a grassroots publication created and distributed by a collective of radical feminist women. Published three times a year, Rain and Thunder brings you the very best in radical feminist news, analysis, theory, community building, and activism.
Rain and Thunder has been published for over 17 years and continues to fill a much needed gap in the realm of independent feminist media. We offer a sliding scale subscription policy to ensure affordability and accessibility for all readers.
Please read through our website and learn more about us. Support grassroots feminist media!
Issue 64 (Winter/Spring 2016): Open IssueFeatured articles:
- Waking Up to Rape Culture in Asheville by Heather Laine Talley
- Women Belong with Music by Tamar Dina
- Refugee Crisis: Where Are the Safe Havens for Women by Jackie Turner
- In Our Global Economy, Patriarchy Has Been Reborn in New Ways by Beatrix Campbell & Rahila Gupta
- Fay Blaney: Organizer, Advocate, Warrior Woman — An Interview by Jess Martin
- Vancouver Women Taking Back the Night by Daisy Kler
- Herbal Wellness for Radical Feminists by Rita Franz
Issue 63 (Fall 2015): Spirituality IssueFeatured articles:
- Testify by Vanita Leatherwood
- Reclaiming the Spooky: Matilda Joslyn Gage and Mary Daly as Radical Pioneers of the Esoteric by Marguerite Rigoglioso
- Jewish Feminist Ritual by Vanessa Ochs
- Bring Back That Old-Time Religion by Kay Golden
- We’Moon: A Groundswell of Women’s Spirituality, Creativity and Culture -- A Rain and Thunder Interview with Bethroot Gwynn and Sue Burns
- Wanting to Be Indian: When Spiritual Searching Turns into Cultural Theft by Myke Johnson
- The Seven Deadly Sins and How to Bring More of Them into Your Life by Carolyn Gage
We are seeking contributions for our upcoming issues:
Issue #65: On Nature and the Environment (Deadline: April 15, 2016)
Support Feminist Media!
Get involved in ensuring Rain and Thunder's survival and growth!Donate
Rain and Thunder depends on grassroots support. Please consider making a donation to support radical feminist publishing!